Patient Info / Forms
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today at 203-227-5431. Connecticut Family Physical Therapy is dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
Before Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for registration, meet the front desk staff (who will be your ally for anything other than the treatment itself). Please allocate this time so you may begin your treatment on time.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- On the day of your visit, arrive in comfortable athletic clothing and sneakers. If you are coming from work, you can change prior to your treatment at our facility.
- In Connecticut, you do not need a prescription to see a physical therapist. You may choose to start physical therapy directly. If you choose to utilize insurance, it may require you to obtain a prescription first.
- Familiarize yourself with any limitations of your insurance. We are happy to answer all the questions regarding your treatment but we do not know the details of your insurance.
- Many clients elect to choose from one of our affordable packages in the event that they have a high deductible or limited visits. You can discuss this with the front desk staff.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with our physical therapist for the initial evaluation to evaluate your condition, identify the source(s) of your discomfort, and develop a unique treatment plan that suits your body/condition.
- During the evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- You can expect up to one hour of exclusive one-to-one treatment time with a licensed physical therapist. Unlike conventional physical therapy that often delegates the majority of the treatment to unlicensed staff, you will receive treatment from a licensed professional during the entire treatment with us!
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed on the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit, you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- During subsequent treatment sessions, your therapist will continue to monitor your endurance, progress, and pain if any. All treatments and exercises are clinically proven 100% safe to perform with your injury. So there is no guessing and no worries!
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.